About All The Refund Options Available
We make getting your taxes done as enjoyable as possible, with secure encrypted virtual options as well as mobile “come to you” service.
The following Refund Options are available when you file with Black Star Tax.
Black Star Tax is proud to offer our clients the option to pay for their tax preparation with their refund. This service is available to you when you elect to use bank products provided by our partner Refundo.
Here are the various ways you can receive your refund:
A check with your refund can be printed by Black Star Tax to be picked up by you, or secure mailed to you. This refund option can take up to 6 weeks after IRS acceptance for your check to be sent.
Your refund(s) will be loaded on a Netspend® Prepaid Visa® usually within 21 days after your return is accepted. Additional fees may apply.
Netspend Visa Prepaid Cards must be issued and funded by a Refund Transfer with at least $20 between January 1, 2020 – December 31, 2020 (the “promotional period”) to qualify for this offer from Refundo. Netspend is not affiliated in any way with this offer and does not endorse or sponsor this offer.
Black Star Tax gives clients the option to pay for their tax prep fees with their refund check. This process is made possible with a Refund Transfer, in which the Taxpayer’s refund is first sent to our bank partner, who then subtracts the filing fee. The bank would then send the remaining balance to the taxpayer as a check or direct deposit. Refund transfers also allow taxpayers to opt in for a NOW ADVANCE loan.
Benefits of a refund Transfer
- Speed in receiving your Federal RT, typically within 21 days rather than waiting for a check from the IRS, which could take four to six weeks.
- No out of pocket expenses- you can pay for your tax preparation with your refund transfer.
- Assurance that the IRS received your tax return
To qualify for a RT, you must meet the following requirements:
- Not have a petition (whether voluntary or involuntary) filed or anticipate filing a petition under federal bankruptcy laws.
3. Comply with the identification procedures for a RT..
2. Provide accurate information when completing RT application and agreement.
4. The minimum refund amount shown on the return is equal to or greater than the refundo and ERO fees.